Calling all metal-heads (and we mean that literally). NextFab is looking to recruit a Metal Shop Technician/Instructor passionate about making metal fabrication techniques accessible and exciting. NextFab offers excellent benefits including employer covered premiums and HSA contributions, professional development and the opportunity to use the NextFab facilities outside of working hours.
The Technical Supervisor is primarily responsible for supporting NextFab members of all skill levels, maintaining the safety of the shop and equipment and teaching classes. Demonstrated skills in manual machining techniques and metal fabrication are required. The technical supervisor will also work with the Metal Manager on contract services and private training, and will be cross-trained to provide support in other areas of the facility.
We are looking for candidates for the position who feel passionate about supporting the mission and work of our organization and our customers. Individuals are allowed and expected to work autonomously and contribute ideas and effort as business needs and their skills allow. It is a fast paced environment, and staff are expected to perform at a high level from the beginning, so the candidate will need to find motivation in solving problems on a daily basis. Weekend and evening hours are required.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter to apply.
- 1+ years employment experience in machining
- Eagerness and ability to learn and teach new, innovative technologies
- Metal fabrication and layout
- Mechanical aptitude
- Manual machining experience
- Ability to work independently
- Maintain shop upkeep, organization, tooling, equipment and cleanliness
- Ability to work in a customer facing shop environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication experience, both written and oral
- Certified welding experience with MIG, TIG & Stick
- CNC experience
- Fluency in CAD/CAM, Solidworks or similar software
- Ability to troubleshoot or repair metal shop equipment