How to Get your Handmade Products into Local Stores and Galleries Webinar
October 28 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
From Making to Selling: A NextFab Made Online Series for the Makers and Artisans of Philadelphia and Beyond.
After the global pandemic changed the way the local artist and craft communities have normally come together, Philadelphia’s premier craft curator organization, CraftNOW, has refocused its efforts to bring these communities together with a variety of programming, directories, and virtual events. CraftNOW’s Executive Director, Leila Cartier will join us to talk about the opportunities and challenges the craft community has and her tips and tricks to maximize networking opportunities amongst creatives, and how to translate that into getting your products placed in local galleries and boutiques, all the way up to bigger retailers.
CraftNOW Philadelphia unites the leading institutions, artists, and patrons of Philadelphia’s craft community to celebrate the city’s rich legacy, its internationally recognized contemporary scene, and its important role as an incubator for arts-based in wood, clay, fiber, metal, and glass.
In this webinar we will cover:
- The best resources for makers, artisans, crafters, and small businesses at any level can utilize
- How to convey the mission, message, and vision of your business to a wider audience
- Best practices for networking amongst creatives
- How to reframe your way of thinking when it comes to networking and creating in Philadelphia, even to larger entities and names.
By the end of this webinar you will have:
- The tools, resources, and strategies to begin or continue networking in the craft community in Philadelphia and beyond
- Links to other resources, creatives, events to help expand your network and business
- A game plan on how to network with larger businesses, galleries, and local boutiques to get your products placed there